Your 30’s are meant to be your best years. So I thought. I turned 31 years old and was feeling horrible. I was half way through a 3 month course of antibiotics. After that I kept getting random infections. You name it, I had it. Within the space of a year I had an eye infection, throat infection, sinus infection, skin infection and stomach infection. More antibiotics. The antibiotics made me feel like a different person. I knew that feeling like this at 31 wasn’t good!
My lifelong friend Rinsky and her close friend Steph conspired to change this for me. They sent me the Liver Cleanse Diet book and some supplements. This was the beginning.
For the last few years I’ve had thoughts of eating clean and giving up processed foods. Its always made sense to me that if I can’t pronounce something, my body probably can’t digest it. I’ve had suspicions over the years that I have a food intolerance, without not knowing what it is. For as long as I can remember I’ve struggled with stomach pains. I’ve been addicted to sugar, processed food and have had no willpower.
Rinsky & Steph gave me the encouragement I needed to get some clean eating underway. They were on a mission.
I’m excited. I’m into it, and am doing well after a bumpy start.
Eating aside let me explain a few things about myself:-
* I have been friends with Rinsky for well over 10 years. We laugh at everything. We like a lot of similar things.
* I like reading, but not as much as Rinsky. I don’t know anyone who likes reading as much as Rinsky!
* Married. Yes, I’m married. To a lovely American man who uses my kitchen as a brewery
* Gardening. I’m working on growing herbs and a few other plants and trees. This is going pretty well for me. Each day I love looking at my little garden. Although I think a possum is eating my flowers. That or a myna bird.
* Birds. I’m currently trying to identify birds in our area. I bought a book on Australian birds. Whenever I see a bird I try to figure out what it is and learn something about it.
* Piano. I have been playing for years. I love Chopin and Rachmaninov. I am not playing as much as I should. But I love it. That and listening to classical music.
* Movies. I watch a lot of movies. A few every week. Sometimes I go through phases of watching old hollywood movies. At the moment its a phase of Wes Anderson movies and anything indy. I hate the term indy, but I’m not going to paint it any different.
* Bikeriding and walking. I don’t excercise as much as I should. I used to be fit. Now I’m not. But I still like going for my walks and bikerides. I bought a bike this week. True story. Pictures to come once it arrives.
* I’m Australian. But I don’t sound as Australian as I’d like to. Work in progress. Like my diet. Maybe the healthier I get the more Australian I’ll sound. Makes sense, right.
Now that I’ve told you a little bit about myself, I’ll tell you this. I’m planning on taking pictures of interesting meals I make. I haven’t got a great camera, and I don’t think food always looks great in pictures. But I’m hoping this will help keep me motivated. Because staying off sugar and cows milk is like, really difficult.
Its my goal to eat as clean as possible. Slip ups happen. But day to day I want to stay well away from dairy and processed foods.
I hope this helps you understand things a little better. Now please excuse me while I go and eat a mandarin. Signing out for now. Michelley.