30 days of being free from refined sugar – that is my goal. I’m nervous. I’m not really good at sticking to things, but I have been eating way too much sugar lately. Chocolate galore. I have a problem.
At work we have easter eggs out on the counter. Yesterday I went a little nuts over them. This morning I woke up feeling foggy and headachey. Totally my own doing. 9:30am and I still can’t bring myself to eat – I’m feeling pretty gross.
So its all about planning. I am going to make these tonight (If I can get a hold of some rice malt syrup!) from the I Quite Sugar website:-
Hopefully they turn out well!
Here is the recipe from the website:-
1 1/2 cup wholemeal self-raising flour.
1 cup oats.
2 tablespoons stevia.
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
150 g unsalted butter.
1/2 cup rice malt syrup.
100 g 80% dark chocolate, optional.
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine flour, oats, stevia and soda in a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt butter and syrup in a small saucepan. Pour into flour mixture. Combine well.
4. Mould tablespoons of mixture into balls, place on prepared tray and flatten. They will spread so make sure there is at least 2cm between them.
5. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and rest for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.